Hometown: Isfahan, Iran
Angineh Zohrabian was born in Isfahan, Iran, into an Armenian family. She went to the University of Isfahan and got her bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering in 2012. She continued her education earning a Master’s degree in Energy Engineering at Sharif University of Technology, Tehran in 2014, prior to moving to the U.S. in 2015. Angineh joined the S3 group in fall 2016 and is pursuing a PhD in Environmental Engineering at University of Southern California.
Angineh is analyzing the potential of demand response opportunities to facilitate renewable electricity generation.
Awards and Honors
- Honorable Mention NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program – 2017
- Recipient of USC Viterbi Fellowship – 2016
- Master of Science, Energy Systems Engineering – Sharif University of Technology, Tehran (Sep 2012 – Sep 2014)
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering – University of Isfahan, Isfahan (Sep 2008 – Jan 2012)
Peer-reviewed Journal Publications
- A. Zohrabian, M. Mansouri, M. Soltanieh, S. Sattari, 2016. “Techno-economic Evaluation of an Integrated Hydrogen and Power Co-generation System with CO2 Capture”. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 44: 94-103.
- M. Soltanieh, A. Zohrabian, M.J. Gholipour, E. Kalnay, 2016. “A Review of Global Gas Flaring and Venting and Impact on the Environment: Case Study of Iran”. International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 49: 488-509.
- A. Sari, A. Zohrabian, 2014. ”Simulation Study of the Effect of Feed Moisture on Autothermal Reforming in Short Contact Time Catalytic Micro Channels”. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 39: 3269-3285.
- Zohrabian A., Sanders K.T., 2017. The impact of Recent Drought on the Water Consumed and Air Emissions Produced by California’s Power Sector, World Environmental & Water Resource Congress, Sacramento, CA.
- A. Zohrabian, M. Mansouri, 2016. Techno-economic Comparative Study on Hydrogen and Electricity Cogeneration Systems with CO2 Capture. ASME Power & Energy Conference, Charlotte, NC.
- M. Soltanieh, A. Zohrabian, M.J. Gholipour, 2015. Global Gas Flaring -The Energy Waste with Serious Environmental Impacts: Case Study of Iran. TechConnect Conference, Washington DC.
- M. Mansouri, M. Assadi, P. Breuhaus, A. Zohrabian, Ø. Arild, 2015. Biogas-fueled Micro CHP Units – A Promising Pathway for Greenhouse Gas Mitigation. Int. Conference on Environmental Science, Engineering & Technologies, Tehran.
- H. He, M. Soltanieh, A. Zohrabian, R. Dickerson, 2014. “Observations and Trends of Emissions from Gas Flaring in the Persian Gulf Region Using OMI”. American Geographical Union Meeting, University of Maryland, MD.
- A. Zohrabian, M. Soltanieh, S. Sattari, M. Mansouri, 2014. “Hydrogen and Electricity Co-production by Autothermal Reforming of Methane with CO2 Capture Deployment”. 13th Annual Carbon Capture, Utilization & Storage Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.